Thursday, January 20, 2005

Light show in Yokohama

Yokohama is a fantastic place. It is like a great work of art, whenever you see it you will always discover something new. On Christmas eve I discovered it's two red brick warehouses. These harbor buildings were transformed into a fancy mall a few years ago. They have survived the onslaught of upscale commercialization with their dignity of great architecture intact. The best time to see them is at night. When I was there, I could see a special year end outdoor light show. I had heard much about these lightshows before that day , but until then I had never actually seen one. I was rather disappointed by the show. It was like a fancy slide show. Nothing more. A great craft, fantastic technology but no art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home